Wound Care/ Dressing Change
At Allied Health, we take wound care and dressing change very seriously. We ensure all of our residents and patients are properly treated. It is very important to have professionals who give you or your loved ones the attention they deserve.
Wound Care Prevents Infection
When treating a wound, dressing and bandages is key in preventing infection and for monitoring against any further complications. Wounds are cleaned and maintenance at least once daily with clean water or saline. By treating the wounds regularly, it helps to speed the healing process and minimizes scarring.
Untreated wounds can result in the following:
- Small, red, painful lump or bump on skin
- Skin that breaks open and oozes fluid
- Fever, sweating, chills, or nausea
- Dizziness and weakness
- Swollen tissue that is hot to the touch and very painful
- Rapid heart rate
- Sunburn-like rash
- Large dark boil-like blisters
All Services can be provided hourly, by visit, or live in basis.